If you are 18 years old or older, you can obtain your Illinois driver’s permit by following these steps:
1. Study the Illinois Rules of the Road booklet: This booklet contains all the rules and regulations you need to know to obtain your driver’s permit. You can find a digital copy of the booklet on the Illinois Secretary of State website.
2. Visit a Secretary of State Driver Services facility: You’ll need to visit a driver services facility to take the required tests and provide identification and proof of residency. You can find a list of driver services facilities on the Illinois Secretary of State website.
3. Take the vision screening test: You’ll need to pass a vision screening test to demonstrate that you can see well enough to drive safely.
4. Pass the written exam: You’ll need to pass a written exam that tests your knowledge of the Rules of the Road. The exam is multiple-choice and based on the information in the Illinois Rules of the Road booklet.
5. Pay the required fees: You’ll need to pay a fee for your permit. The fee varies depending on the length of time the permit is valid.
Once you have passed the vision screening test and the written exam, and paid the required fees, you will be issued your Illinois driver’s permit. You’ll be required to hold your permit for a minimum of nine months before you can apply for your Illinois driver’s license. During this time, you’ll need to complete at least 50 hours of supervised driving, with at least 10 hours of driving at night.
If you are 18 years old in Illinois and wish to obtain a permit, you can connect with illinoisadultdriversed website.